Today, June 1, on the opening day of the St. Petersburg International Economic Forum, a discussion " Russian jurisdiction as the factor of attraction of investment" was held within the panel session "Forming the agenda of the Russian economy."
The following speakers participated in the discussion:
- Victoria Burkovskaya, Partner, Head of Criminal Law Practice, Egorov, Puginsky, Afanasiev & Partners;
- Yury Chaika, Prosecutor General of the Russian Federation;
- Pavel Krasheninnikov, Chairman of the State Duma Committee on State Construction and Legislation of the Federal Assembly of the Russian Federation;
- Vladimir Gruzdev, Chairman of the Board, All-Russian Public Organization "Association of Lawyers of Russia";
- Alexander Afanasyev, Chairman of the Board, PJSC "Moscow Stock Exchange";
- Shai Nitzan, State Attorney of Israel;
- Gohan Sarak, Vice President for Legal Affairs in the Central Asia, Africa, Middle East and CIS region, Unilever;
- Boris Titov, Commissioner under the President of the Russian Federation for the Protection of the Rights of Entrepreneurs;
- Boris Boltyansky, Editor-in-Chief, Pravo.ru;
- David Goldberg, Partner, White & Case;
- Sergey Slagoda, Managing Partner, S&K Vertical.
Participants in the discussion have touched the issues related to improving the legal system of Russia, reforms of the Civil Code, as well as changes in the system of resolving economic disputes, where the speed and effectiveness of handling are the most important element.
S&K Vertical Managing Partner Sergey Slagoda in his address has discussed one of the firm’s cases, which is a positive example of protecting the interests of the beneficial owner of assets in Russian courts, in particular, in the Supreme Court.