Over the 11-year period S&K Vertical has built up a team of highly qualified attorneys and lawyers with many years of exceptional experience and spotless reputation.
Today, S&K Vertical has more than 30 attorneys and lawyers who are able to offer Clients legal support of the highest standard.
Follow me on Twitter
Sergey Slagoda focuses on international private law, commercial, corporate and banking law, legal support for foreign investment in Russia, and litigation held in various jurisdictions.
1998 – Department of Law, St. Petersburg State University. Diploma thesis defended at the Department of International Law. Supervisor – Professor Lyudmila Nikiforovna Galenskaya.
2006 – Department of Law, St. Petersburg State University. Additional education in legal support of foreign economic activity.
2012 – Saint Petersburg State University; Centre for Conflict and Peacekeeping Studies of the Faculty of Philosophy. Holder of Degree in mediation and of the International Certificate in Conflict Management (Russian-American educational programme).
2013 – University of St. Gallene (Switzerland). Executive Master of European and International Business Law EMBL-HSG
Project experience (examples)
- More than 10 years of successful advice to major European companies, including Scandinavian businesses, on legal regulation of foreign investment and doing business in Russia
- Advising Russian investors on the Chinese market entry and legal regulation of business activities in China, has extensive business and legal connections in China
- Representing the shareholders of major oil producer in a disputes with banks, including litigation in foreign jurisdictions
- Representing the largest bank in Central and Eastern Europe on recovery and settlement of corporate debts in excess of $150 million
- Representing the major Russian bank in the recovery of a $ 90 million corporate debts
- Provided full legal support in CIS market entry to a major British polymers manufacturer
- Provided full legal support in Russia to a major Finnish manufacturer of fastening materials, SORMAT
- Provided legal support to a major Finnish manufacturer of pipes, KWH Pipe
- For several years, was responsible for organizing full legal support of foreign trade activities of Ilim Pulp Enterprise (Ilim Group), including the legal aspects of foreign financing.
- Provided legal support and contributed to a successful outcome of a major corporate conflict involving Russian and foreign companies with total claims exceeding $100 million
- Set up and supported court proceedings in various jurisdictions
- Secured the interests of a major European fund in Russia
- Continuously advises major Russian and foreign banks on debt recovery from corporate clients, including in foreign jurisdictions
- Sergey Slagoda was a partner of Green Corridor law firm, one of the 10 largest law companies in Russia protecting corporate interests according to Mergers and Acquisitions magazine (2007)
- Organized and delivered presentations at numerous seminars and conferences organized jointly with the department of Law, St. Petersburg State University, Kommersant, Vedomosti, and RBC publishing houses etc;
- Has significant experience in setting up lawyers operations in various jurisdictions, including the U.K., U.S., Ireland, Switzerland, China, Finland, Cyprus, British Virgin Islands, etc.;
- For more than 10 years, has been studying law of several countries, focusing on the area of comparative law;
- Fluent in English legal language, learning German.